Essence Med Spa administers Vitamin B-12 Injections for a Myriad of Benefits
What Role does Vitamin B-12 Play in Our Bodies?
Vitamin B-12 is a water-soluble vitamin that plays an important role in several functions in the body, such as red blood cell production and normal nerve and muscle function.
B-12 is a vitamin used to treat Vitamin B-12 deficiency in people with pernicious anemia and other conditions. Vitamin B-12 is an essential vitamin found in foods of animal origin such as meat, eggs and dairy. Vegetables provide a poor dietary source for Vitamin B-12.
As we age, our ability to adequately absorb B-12 from our diet diminishes and medications we take may also interfere with our ability to absorb B-12. Strict vegetarians/vegans and patients with malabsorption problems are more likely to become deficient. If left untreated, anemia can occur.
Vitamin B-12 deficiency can also lead to abnormal neurologic and psychiatric symptoms including shaking of the extremities and unsteady gait, muscle weakness, decreased sensation (neuropathy), incontinence, vision problems, dementia, psychosis, and mood disturbance.
What are the Benefits of Vitamin B-12 Injections?
- Improvement in cognitive function
- Increased energy
- Increases metabolism
- Reduces anxiety
- Supports hair growth by improving red blood cell production, which helps to provide nourishment to the hair follicles.
- Reduces the frequency of headaches
- Improves cardiovascular health by reducing homocysteine levels in the blood.
How is the Injectable form of Vitamin B-12 different from the over -the-counter oral version?
- The injectable form of Vitamin B-12 is absorbed more effectively by the body than other forms of the vitamin, particularly the oral form. The injectable form of Vitamin B-12 is absorbed directly into the bloodstream, bypassing absorption thru the stomach, and making it more readily-accessible to the body for use.
What are the most common side effects of injectable Vitamin B-12?
- Mild Diarrhea
- Upset Stomach
- Joint Pain
What are less common side effects of Vitamin B-12 Injections?
- Rapid Heartbeat
- Chest Pain/tightness
- Flushed Face
- Difficulty Breathing or Swallowing
- Rapid Weight Gain
- Rash or Hives
- Congestive Heart Failure
- Pulmonary Edema
- Blood Clot
- Low Potassium Level
How often should a person receive Vitamin B-12 Injections?
Everyone's body chemistry is different and therefore the number and frequency of Vitamin B-12 injections can vary among patients. Typically, patients who have a documented Vitamin B-12 deficiency will require 1-2 injections of Vitamin B-12 per week for the first 1-2 months, and then monthly injections to maintain levels thereafter. Oftentimes dosing and frequency of treatments is based on a patient's reported symptoms.
Do you check blood work prior to or after Vitamin B-12 injections?We do not check blood work prior to or after Vitamin B-12 injections. The use of B-12 injections in the medical spa industry is intended as an overall supplement to one's health. Improvement in one's symptoms is subjective. Patient's individualized treatment schedules are determined based on their reported concerns and symptoms. We do ask that patients maintain a routine relationship with a primary care provider which generally requires annual blood work as well as a routine annual physical exam as it is important to report any changes in one's medical health prior to treatment.
Are there any contraindications to Vitamin B-12 Injections?
- Pregnancy (or trying to become)
- Pernicious Anemia
- Leber's Disease (a hereditary eye disease)
- Megaloblastic Anemia
- Kidney Disease
- Active Infection
- Iron Deficiency
- Folic Acid Deficiency
- Receiving any treatment that affects bone marrow
- Polycythemia Vera (a blood disorder)
- History of Gout
- Current/Recent Use of Methotrexate
Allergies to the following are contraindications to injectable Vitamin B-12:
- Vitamin Dye
- B-12 Containing Foods
- Benzyl Alcohol
Can I become toxic from taking too much Vitamin B-12?Elevated B-12 levels resulting from taking oral, nasal, or injected forms of Vitamin B-12 (known as exogenous forms), are unlikely to cause any serious harm since B-12 is a water-soluble vitamin. Generally, 50-60% of the vitamin is excreted by the body within the first 48 hours of injection or ingestion. Elevated B-12 levels not related to taking “exogenous” or supplemental forms of Vitamin B-12 should be evaluated by a medical professional.
Vitamin B-12 Pricing
$25 per injection or $95 for a package of 4 injections
The Lipo-Mino Injection for Weight Loss
Do Lipo Injections work?
If you’re thinking that the shots are a miracle, quick-fix cure for fat, think again. BUT, do the injections work for weight loss? Yes. The lipo injections aid in your weight loss journey to encourage the pounds to come off easier.
How much can you lose?
Although results vary for every person depending on many factors unique to the individual (such as exercise, caloric intake, etc.), lipotropic injections reviews have reported losing between two to four pounds a week. The numbers may be different for you. It’s important to remember that weight loss is a gradual process.
Increased energy levels are generally felt immediately, fat loss, when combined with proper diet & exercise, are noticeable in about 30 days.
What are Lipotropic Injections?
A Lipotropic injection contains a solution of nutrients that are made up of one or more of the following fat burning compounds. Each of these components is important because they each have a key role in utilizing fat—as fat burners, distributing energy, and removing toxins from the body. The overall effect of lipotropic injections is enhanced weight loss, particularly when they are combined with a healthy diet and exercise program.
- Choline 25 mg - An essential nutrient needed for proper liver function; exports fat and-bile from the liver; detoxifies the liver; and is a key player in fat metabolism.
- Insoitol 25 mg - A lipotropic; related to the vitamin B family; involved in the breakdown of fats; involved in various biological processes that can provide positive psychiatric conditions; can be used for an effective treatment for PCOS and other various female dysfunctions.
- Methionine 12.4 mg - An essential amino-acid; a deactivating agent when there are too many hormones (such as estrogen), and sulfur-containing compounds; also defends the body against toxic compounds.
- Vitamin B-12 1 mg - Serves many biological purposes including normal blood, brain, heart, and nervous system functions; most importantly, it’s essential for fat metabolism.
- B Complex Vitamins - Helps you feel more energetic and also promotes the metabolism of fats.
- L-Carnitine 125 mg – Turns fat into energy.
- When these compounds are put together in the form of a solution, and injected into the bloodstream, they’re entering the body without any possibility of facing dilution or being inefficiently absorbed by the gut.
What are Possible Side Effects of Lipo Injections?
Although side effects to the injections are rare, there may be a few who can experience mild adverse effects. Lipotropic injections side effects that can occur are redness, swelling, and infection at the injection site. These symptoms should resolve fairly quickly, so if they persist, consult your doctor. Other lipo shot side effects that can occur are:
- Allergy reactions: itching, hives, shortness of breath, wheezing, swelling of the tongue, throat, or mouth.
- Stomach upset: mild nausea, and/or mild diarrhea is possible owing to the sudden boost in minerals and nutrients. This passes quickly, but if it persists, you should consult your doctor.
- Headaches, and/or light headedness.
Other Benefits of Lipotropic Injections
Improves Heart Health
Thanks to the various vitamins, minerals, and nutrients that make up the lipotropic family, you could see a decrease in cholesterol levels. In addition to incorporating a healthy diet and exercise, your risk for heart disease, in general, goes down.
When lipotropics are activating fat loss, hormones are released, improving mood. This stimulates an increase in energy and it can reduce depression. It also helps to improve concentration and mental clarity. Inositol is involved in the process which shows more efficient nervous system signal transmittal. This benefit is associated with preventing memory loss.
This is one of the biggest benefits that lipotropics provides,taking care of your liver. They help to keep it clean by aiding it in the filtering process, like a detox. It also protects it from bile and toxins and from decreasing effectiveness and tissue damage.
Gut & Appetite Health
If you’re dieting for weight loss, then you’ll be pleased to know that lipotropics can also act as an appetite suppressant. Since these nutrients are very involved in metabolic processes, you can also expect that your entire digestive system will be more efficient, too.
Nail & Skin Health
With lipotropic injections, you might notice stronger nails and shinier hair due to a boost in essential vitamins and minerals.
Inositol can aid the body in eradicating sickness and disease. It has been known to help relieve or prevent various conditions such as insomnia, depression, ADHD, panic attacks, diabetic nerve pain, autism, cancer, and psoriasis.
Thanks to the lipotropic Methionine, it encourages healthy growth, formation, and protection of cartilage of the joints.
How often can I receive it?
We recommend one injection weekly, while focusing on weight loss effects.
$45/shot or 1 month package for $150