As we age, our bodies stop being able to repair and maintain themselves. In the skin, this can be seen from the surface (fine lines, wrinkles, poor texture) as the internal structure (collagen & elastin) degrades. Platelet Rich Plasma Procedures can help stimulate the regenerative process that leads to healing and restoration.
Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP)
PRP is a concentrated source of platelets, growth factors and cytokines produced naturally in your own body. This stimulates & controls healthy regenerative processes, including collagen & soft tissue remodeling. Thus, greatly improves the overall health & rejuvenation of the skin. PRP has been used successfully for years to promote improved healing times and optimal results from various surgical and non-surgical procedures. PRP treatments include the PRP Facelift, PRP Facial and PRP Hair Restoration.
The PRP Facelift procedure combines the science of hyaluronic acid (HA) fillers, your own platelet-rich plasma, and the artful eye of a skilled provider to deliver youthful, natural beauty that is as unique as you.
The PRP Facelift procedure begins with a simple blood draw from your arm. Using instrumentation approved by the FDA for isolation of platelet-rich plasma (PRP) for injection back into the body, your medical provider will then process your blood by spinning it in a centrifuge. This separates the plasma and platelets from the red blood cells and takes about 10 minutes. Next, we use hyaluronic acid (HA) filler such as Juvederm or Restylane to add a natural collagen scaffold based on your facial structure. Finally, your medical provider will inject the PRP into your face so that the body’s own healing process triggers the regrowth of new tissue and blood flow to recreate your younger self.
The Benefits of PRP Facelift
- Refreshed skin color due to new blood vessel formation
- More youthful, lifted face shape with collagen replenishment
- Smoother Skin Tone
- Natural Shape
- Quick Recovery
- Fading of Scars
Experience a fresher, more youthful appearance skillfully designed for your face. Expect more healthy-looking skin, tissue repair and growth in all areas where the platelets were placed. Most clients report an increased vibrancy and glo to their skin as well as scar improvement.
The PRP Facial is a procedure that combines platelet-rich plasma (PRP) with the use of microneedle dermal stimulation (Rejuvapen). The medical microneedle procedure using the Rejuvapen is a method of “collagen induction therapy” also referred to as “CIT”. The small entries into the dermis cause the skin to respond with collagen which softens the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles as well as superficial sun damage.The PRP Facial treatment is customized to the needs of the client and is used to improve the appearance of:
- Acne scars
- Chickenpox scars
- Fine lines
- Sun-damaged skin
- Brown discolorations
This treatment can also be extended to neck, chest, hands or any part of the body.
PRP Hair Restoration
Doctors began using PRP in dermatology after researchers found that high concentrations of platelets in plasma cells help promote hair growth by prolonging the growing phase of the hair cycle. Doctors inject plasma into the scalp where hair loss has occurred. They typically administer injections monthly for three months, then spread them out over about three or four months for up to two years. The injection schedule will depend on your genetics, pattern and amount of hair loss, age and hormones.
What Makes You a Good Candidate for Hair Restoration
Part of the success of PRP comes from selecting the right patients for therapy. PRP is safe and effective for many people. However, you should not have PRP therapy if you fall into either of these groups:
- If you have an underlying disorder such as thyroid disease or lupus, you aren’t likely to have good results because these conditions will continue to cause hair loss over time.
- If you are on blood thinners, your platelets won’t work as effectively and the procedure is not as effective. PRP therapy works better if your hair loss is recent. It is more challenging to “wake up” hair follicles that have been dormant for a long time.
*Online scheduling for Lasers & Hair Restoration PRP is not available. Please call to schedule.
PRP for Tear Troughs
PRP treatments for the under-eye and even the upper-eyelid area are regenerative treatments. The PRP injection and application stimulates your own collagen and elastin which causes regeneration of new healthy skin tissue. This leads to gradual, natural and real results that improve during the 2-3 months following a single treatment.
More Details about PRP for Tear Troughs
- Two to three treatments, 2-3 months apart are recommended for most people to obtain significant results.
- Individual results will vary depending on your body’s response to the PRP induced collagen regeneration.
- PRP injection treatments below the skin in the under-eye area will not have the immediate and final results of a dermal filler treatment because the volume added by PRP injection is resorbed by your body within 2-3 days, gradual tissue regeneration begins within days and continues for months after the treatment.
- The PRP treatments lead to improvement in all but one aging signs in this area (fine lines, texture, loose skin, loss of volume, deep wrinkles, pigmentation); the presence of large under-eye fatty tissue (under-eye bags) is not treated with PRP. This condition frequently needs surgical removal of the excess fat.
- The type of PRP treatment most suitable for you is determined by your presentation of the under-eye condition.
PRP Hair Restoration